Support for Armed Forces families in Humber and North Yorkshire
What is Op Community?
We’re here as an easy and accessible single point of contact for Armed Forces families, carers and communities across Humber and North Yorkshire with their health and social care needs.
Who can Op Community help?
Families of serving personnel, reservists, veterans, transferring and resident families, and carers within the armed forces community.
How long does it take?
48 hour initial response.
If you need help navigating the NHS as a Service family, get in touch today to see how we can help you.
How can Op Community help?
- Assist directly and provide avenues of support
- Liaise with other organisations on your behalf to ensure a smooth transition of your care when moving between areas
- Ensure continuation of treatment and considered waiting list positions
- Provide advice, guidance and support on how to use the NHS
- advice on your nearest Veteran Friendly GP Practice
- Provide access to Social Prescribing Support-helping you to find local health and wellbeing support
- Put you in touch with Service Champion in an organisation
- Provide information on trauma support services for both physical and psychological trauma
How do I get in touch?
Crisis Support Services
Non-Crisis Armed Forces Specific Mental Health/Wellbeing Support
- Free 24/7 non-crisis mental health support helpline
- Veterans + Families Helpline: 0800 1381619
- Serving Personnel + Families Helpline: 0800 323 4444.
- Text: 07537 173683 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Op COURAGE is an NHS mental health specialist service designed to help serving personnel due to leave the military, reservists, armed forces veterans and their families
- Op Courage Call 0300 373 3332 or email OpCourageNORTH@cntw.nhs.uk
Help for Heroes:
- Can offer a range of talking therapies to help veterans and their families with their mental health. This can be for many conditions, including depression, anxiety, anger, grief, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Can self refer or professional can refer via Help for Heroes website